Delicately selected grape varieties along with blending knowledge
Vauclaire’s wines are made up from blends. This very old method includes a separated vinification for each grape variety in order to mix the resulting production: this contributes to a more balanced vintage with a variety of qualities.
Grape varieties selected in the domain for red wines and rosés:
• Grenache: Spanish variety offering all its character, smoothness and bouquet to the wine.
• Cinsault: ogives the wine its subtlety and delicate fruity taste, also essential for Rosé.
• Syrah (Shiraz) and Cabernet-Sauvignon brings strength to the tannins.
• Vermentino (Rolle): Corsica and Italian variety allows for a very delicate pear and citric fruit aroma.
• Viognier: The aromatic viognier variety, in the exotic aromas (lemon, litchi, papaya). At the end of acid mouth. Wine easy to drink.